Flushing logs doesn't do anything?

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

I clicked 'flush logs' in the GUI and ran 'pihole -f' via ssh and expected the graphs and data to be reset in the GUI.

Actual Behaviour:

Nothing happened.

Debug Token:

uymyohzxwp

Same problem here...

Same issue here with a fresh install of Pi-hole v3.3, debug token: 56979r1aw2

I ran pi-hole -f and checked the pihole.log and it appears to have flushed the logs, but the dashboard and it's graphs have not updated.

same here...

Pi-hole Version v3.3 Web Interface Version v3.3 FTL Version v3.0

same problem here, debug token: 2o58n2l8n9

We're aware of the issue and we're working on a fix to push out.

3 Likes

I believe this is the relevant GitHub issue:

1 Like

I don't know, it only started happening again with 3.3, flushing logs didn't work at one point before 3.3 but you guys fixed it quick then.

Is there a way too force it in the mean time?

I think only if you run the SQL command from the PR manually.

still no fix for this?

It is fixed in development.

1 Like

Same here. after update statistics not resetting. In fact not even clears after pihole -f , found by login in with scp . Log archives still persist

Sorted it out with renaming /etc/pihole-FTL.db to /etc/pihole-FTL.db_old and use pihole -r to rebuild instalation.

Seem works only for a while

Try this :slight_smile:
cd /etc/pihole
sudo service pihole-FTL stop
sudo rm pihole-FTL.db
sudo service pihole-FTL start

I have the same issue with latest version ( Pi-hole version is v3.3 (Latest: v3.3), AdminLTE version is v3.3 (Latest: v3.3), FTL version is v3.0 (Latest: v3.0) ).

command from PR means ? ( Can any one help me that , what it means PR here ) , I want to try below command.

DELETE * FROM queries WHERE timestamp >= strftime('%s','now')-86400

@arun This is what the above PR (Pull request) does:

Delete most recent 24 hours from FTL's database, leave even older data intact (don't wipe out all history)

You can try to execute the following single-line command. Use at your own risk :wink:

sqlite3 "/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db" "DELETE FROM queries WHERE timestamp >= strftime('%s','now')-86400; select changes() from queries limit 1"

2 Likes

Hi Friend ,
I tried this , Pi-hole is in a debian box here, I installed sqllite3 and run above command , initially it shown 'database lock error' later I stopped logging from web interface and executed this and worked !! , Thanks once again . Hope this issue will be rectified soon!!

1 Like

Hi @aamck, used @mibere idea & created cron job for this

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/pihole -l off
/bin/sleep 10
/usr/bin/sqlite3 "/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db" "DELETE FROM queries WHERE timestamp >= strftime('%s','now')-86400; select changes() from queries limit 1"
/bin/sleep 10
/usr/local/bin/pihole -f
/bin/sleep 10
/usr/local/bin/pihole -l on

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.