Fire TV issue

Expected Behaviour:

Would like to use the Alexia button on my FireTV remote, and use the FreeVee app
What do I need to whitelist, I have white listed queries with Alexia and Amazon...]

Actual Behaviour:

[the Alexia button does not work with the FireTV going through the Pi-Hole nether does the FreeVee app]

Check if this is related to Pi-hole blocking by temporarily disabling Pi-hole. Go to Disable Blocking > Indefinitely. Now Pi-hole is not blocking anything. Try your button and FreeVee apps again. You may need to re-launch them to get them to check properly again.

If it now works then it is indeed down to one or more domains that you need being blocked by Pi-hole in normal use. See below.

If there is no change then the problem is not cause by Pi-hole blocking, and is something else. Might be a misconfiguration in your DNS or router settings.

When you're done testing, click Enable Blocking to resume normal Pi-hole operation.

Following from above, with Pi-hole running normally again, use your button and FreeVee app again, and of course it should fail to work because you've established that some domains are being blocked. To find the blocked domains, look at the Pi-hole Query Log and find the domain or domains in question. They will be highlighted on pink coloured lines because they were blocked. You can whitelist them from there and try again. You may have to repeat this process to uncover new domains that are alos blocked, and keep going to find all the domains and whitelist them.

If you google around you may be able to find a list of domains that are needed to be whitelisted, without needing to go through this testing yourself.

Use these tools to determine why your desired content does not load.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.