Filtering all data

I'm using ssl inspection on my network is there any software I could use to filter all the requests out directly from my firewall (linux 144gb ram 24 cores)?
I thought Pi-hole was more than a dns blocker. :thinking:

Can you clarify what you want to do?

I'm not following you on this. What do you want Pi-Hole to do that it isn't doing?

I'm intercepting every inbound and outbound requests on my firewall (pfSense) and wanted to know if there is a software(plugin) to block, modify or redirect them when they contain ads just like uBlock Origin does in a browser.

I have a lot of traffic and ads can really add up to the bandwidth cost. (around 16%)

Since youtube, twitter, facebook are starting to provide ads directly from their domains they can't be blocked with Pi-hole.

This is out of scope for Pi-hole. Pi-hole is just a DNS blocker, with some added bells and whistles like DHCP.

It's impossible anyway. It would require every client to have a custom certificate installed on it, and even that wouldn't work for things like YouTube apps which use pinned certs.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.