Export Blacklist with 0.0.0.0 in front of each line

Hi,

One good use of Pi-Hole is to find the "leaks".

It would be useful to then copy paste the blacklist made in Pi-Hole to the HOST file of the computer who leaks. So when I'm outside with my laptop on public wifi I'm still protected.

To do so I export the blacklist in text with the "Teleporter Export".
Then, to add 0.0.0.0 in front of each line :

Move the cursor to the line before the first line you want to precede with 0.0.0.0.
In the Search menu, select Find and Replace….
In the Find field (regex), type \n.
In the Replace with field, type \n0.0.0.0\t.
Press the Find button.
Press the Replace button repeatedly until all the lines you wanted to add 0.0.0.0 to are complete.

You can speed things up with the Replace All button, but that will add 0.0.0.0 to the front of all lines, even if they already have 0.0.0.0; not handle the first line of the file; and add a line at the end of the file with just 0.0.0.0 in it.

Then I copy this text list to my local HOST file.

I used GasMask, (a simple hosts file manager for Mac OS X) GitHub - 2ndalpha/gasmask: Hosts file manager for OS X

You can subscribe to host list in GasMask.

I think it could be a good feature if we have a possibility to subscribe to the Pi-Hole Blacklist with 0.0.0.0

You can actually still use your Pi-hole on the go:

Overall, I think it's probably out of scope and can easily be handled via Search and Replace or a simple script.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I will continue to use regex then.

And to pick up Pi-Hole on the go I will use :

pihole -r

H/T : Change ip adress - #2 by spacemonkey

The thing is when you are in a new place/network you have to have access to an HDMI screen and usb keyboard to reconfigure the static Ip directly in the Rapsberry because ssh doesn't work.