Error while generating ssl certificate

Hi, i am using pihole installed in ubuntu server, also i am using unbound to make a recursive dns, but now that i am trying to generate a ssl certificate a get this error:
My computer is conected to my dns and in pihole a set up a local dns record[A/AAA] for that domain to my dns server.

sudo certbot certonly --standalone -d test.pihole.local.com
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Requesting a certificate for fcc.pihole.local.com

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: fcc.pihole.local.com
Type: dns
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for fcc.pihole.local.com - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for fcc.pihole.local.com - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

How can can i fix this error?

You'd need to be able to create A/AAAA records for the domains you are trying to use. I don't see that being possible since local.com is probably not a domain you control.

The error message that you have pasted gives you the next steps to take.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.