Docker update to v5.7 causes FTL to crash at launch

Hi there,

I just updated my Pi-hole container on my VPS (amd64) to v5.7 and was greeted to this version by my container logs filled by:

Starting pihole-FTL (no-daemon) as root,
Stopping pihole-FTL,
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]

This ticks every second or so, indicating that FTL can't start.

I've generated a debug file which is here:
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/goj9dqm92c
Amongst all the lines that were printed to me, a couple of red ones appeared, mostly talking about IPv6 and FTL not being alive, but I can't really understand where the issue could come from.
Maybe some config/log files to delete and will regenerate fresh again, fixing the issue ? I don't really know what to touch without risking deleting my config.

Reverting the container to v5.6 instantly makes Pi-hole work again, proving that my current config works, and something introduced with 5.7 is incompatible.
After another test, this also happens on my Raspberry (arm64). They both have slightly different configs but the same domains, lists, whitelists etc.

Can anyone help ?
Thank you!

Adrien.

1 Like

I have had the same problem, I have chosen to go back to version 5.6 so as not to have my network disabled, later I will try to return to the last version

See

1 Like

Confirmed fixed from some awesome contributors!

1 Like