DNSMASQ_WARN

I am continually getting a Warning in dnsmasq core: stating:-

'not giving name raspberrypi.lan to the DHCP lease of 192.168.1.86 because the name exists in /etc/hosts with address 127.0.1.1'

I just have pihole on a pi, This warning never causes any problem because pihole still works well but I keep deleting the warning and it just comes back again.

There must be an option in the settings or tools to stop this warning but I can't work out what it is.

If anyone has an idea on how to stop this warning I'd love to know.

Thanks
Dawks

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:

You should change the name in either of the two locations.

not giving name HOSTNAME to the DHCP lease of ADDRESS because the name exists in SOURCE with address CACHE_ADDR

If HOSTNAME is known through a HOSTS file or config (see SOURCE) and the DHCP address ADDRESS does not match the address in the cache (CACHE_ADDR), dnsmasq prevents giving the name to a DHCP client. This prevents possible hostname hijacking by malicious devices.

https://docs.pi-hole.net/ftldns/dnsmasq_warn/

If those messages weren't triggered by you creating a Pi-hole debug log, this could indicate that you run your Pi-hole as DHCP server, while its OS is still acquiring its IP address via DHCP.

Instead, you should configure the Pi-hole machine for a static IP if Pi-hole runs as DHCP server.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.