DNS filter for TV, but how?

I want to use Pi Zero as a DNS server that blocks everything except Netflix. I want the TV to point to that server, so that the nasty teenager's at my work are not able to access the internet through the TV. How would you go about doing that? Pretty much all Google search results that include Raspberry Pi and DNS server end up being Pi-hole related, so I figured I might as well ask in here.

The Router is too old to be useful, but they insist on using it. I didn't find any settings that might help on the smart TV, but I can change the network settings at least.

Let's assume for a second that you like the idea with the DNS server. How would you blacklist everything but Netflix? Using Pi-hole seems a bit overkill for that, don't you think? I'm not very familiar with Linux and what packages there are out there. Any ideas? :sweat_smile:

Put in a regex filter that blocks everything, then whitelist just the domains needed to serve Netflix. Assign the TV to use that Pi-Hole for DNS.

It would be clearer (and would actually block all domains) if you used .*

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.