DHCP-Option-6 integration in the GUI

hey all this feature would be useful for me and maybe a few others to be implemented basically for those running two pi holes and cant access manual dns settings on devices and/or routers

basically when the dhcp gives the ip addresses to clients i want it to be able to push more than one dns server.

the way i have found to do this is to enable the dhcp server after editing the 02-pihole-dhcp.conf file and adding the line

dhcp-option=6,192.168.1.44,192.168.1.45

192.168.1.44 and 45 are both pi holes

if this can be implemented in the gui that would be awesome and would really save others a headache if they had the same issue.

Thanks

We intentionally do not offer a one-click solution for adding a second Pi-hole through the DHCP settings as we have no way of synchronizing statistics between multiple running DNS servers.

Such a feature is on our long-term to-do list, however, it has somewhat low priority at the moment.

1 Like

Use Webmin + ISC Dhcp Server :+1:

You get nice gui for the dhcp server.

1 Like

I edited the 02-pihole-dhcp.conf file, but it got overwritten by the GUI. Has this been implemented in the GUI since the original post?

It is not implemented however, in order to avoid future updates from overwriting your settings follow these steps here: