DHCP on Connect Box (UPC) IPv4 - Help

Hello, i have problem with configuration DHCP. I'm new user Pi-Hole, today i installed Pi-Hole on RasberryPi 3 B+, it work but i don't know what i must do in Connect Box (DHCP).

RasberryPi IP: 192.168.0.241
IPv4, wlan0

Someone is able to help me with the configuration of this?

Please send us the token generated by

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Token is bbjlvnggrp

I removed your link to your debug log, as we can access the debug from the token you provide.

The debug logs upload to a server and are automatically deleted in 48 hours. Only a few people have access to your debug log. This is done to protect your privacy, as debug logs may contain personal information.

Ahh, OK :smiley: , I understand. But what can i do to run Pi-Hole?

Your debug log shows that there is not an IPv4 IP address assigned to the ethernet interface, which is what you have Pi-Hole configured to listen on.

The Pi-Hole IP that you think the Pi is assigned (192.168.0.241) is not on the same subnet that you are showing in the DHCP settings on the router (192.168.10.100).

It appears that your DHCP settings on the router should be starting local address 192.168.0.100. Then number of CPE's 100 (this will give you IP addresses in the range of 100-200.

Then reboot the Pi, and check the router clients list to see which IP the Pi received. Then you make that reservation reserved or static on the router (so it won't change in the future).

Lastly, run this command to reconfigure the Pi-Hole to use the WAN IP address that you reserved above.

pihole -r and select "reconfigure"

1. I changed DHCP

1. I reconfigurated Pi-Hole and now i set wlan0 (RasberryPi is connected by Wi-FI)

And no work :C . Propably i make mistake, i'm not learning about Internet Interfaces and Systems.

First thought - a DHCP lease time of 60 years is excessive.

Upload another debug log and post the token here.

Token: kqsl3ndoa7

This log shows that you how have an IP address of 192.168.0.176 on the WLAN interface of the Pi. The Pi-Hole is working as shown on this section of your debug log:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] www.nysubwayoffer.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] www.nysubwayoffer.com is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (192.168.0.176)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 172.217.16.46 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

The problem is in your router and/or clients. After you made this change, did you change the DNS on your router to this IP (and only this IP)? Also, your clients will all need to renew their leases after the router is setup.

I factory reset my router, change DNS on my PC and work! Tkanks!

I restarted my rasberry PI and no work... Why...

Upload another debug log and post the token here.

Token: 59w36lr59c
Maybe you can help me with that by TeamViewer?

Your gravity list is empty:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Gravity list
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Oct 29 16:09 /etc/pihole/gravity.list
   -----head of gravity.list------

-----tail of gravity.list------

Set your Pi name server to a public IP to bypass the Pi-Hole, then update gravity:

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

Change 127.0.0.1 to 1.1.1.1 (or third party DNS of your choice) save and exit

pihole -g

Now i cant connect to my raspberry pi, im outside the home. I will try do it od friday.

PS: I can do it if i dont have public IP? UPC give public IP only for commercial users.

"Set your Pi name server to a public IP to bypass the Pi-Hole, then update gravity:"

You misunderstood the "Set your Pi name server to Public IP" suggestion.

You do not change the IP address of your PI, you change the IP address of the name server your Pi is using to resolve names.

Your file may differ but the 127.0.0.1 should be the same and is what you want to change to 1.1.1.1:

pi@pi-3b-1:~ $ cd /etc

pi@pi-3b-1:/etc $ cat resolv.conf

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1
search home

pi@pi-3b-1:/etc $
1 Like

It works! I will try not to restart Rasberry Pi :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.