Delete inbox messengers

Here is an interesting read.
It says below about "the Right to Erasure":

Wait. Posts? Yes, the “Right to Erasure” does not apply to posts made by users on your forum.
When your users join your forum they accept the Terms of Service, and the ToS indicate that they will grant you a license to all the content they publish on your forum.
And GDPR article 17.3 says that the right to Erasure shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information.

But still, this is the first forum software that I know of that doesn't allow deleting PM's.
Have experience with MyBB, phpBB and vBulletin.

Can we close this now? We've strayed very far away from the OP's requests and concerns and Promo pretty much covers all that is needed to be said.

As long there is no delete button for normal users, then can this topic never be closed. Sorry...

-edit-
Please make a cron on the system that removes archived messengers after 30 days. :star_struck:

That was my intention as well with my previous posting.
But below needs to be honored I think:

Of course it is possible that the user has included some identifiable information in their posts and in that case it is a good idea to remove that specific information on a case-by-case basis.

Then, I'm afraid you'll need to take it up on the discourse meta forums. Again, not trying to be difficult, but as we do not write this software, it's rather out of our hands!

2 Likes

Then you delete manual archived private messengers in after every 30 days. Then i'm happy, you happy, members happy, everybody happy, be happy.
https://invidio.us/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

And then what if a user does not want their archived posts deleted, but only archived?

There is no one-size-fits all solution with the tools currently available I'm afraid.

1 Like

We can just disable private/direct messages across the board and I'd be happy.

please close topic :cold_sweat::scream:

2 Likes