Dashboard displaying bar charts in 10 min chunks, not line graphs

I've had several Pi-hole installs, and have just set up another. However, strangely, I notice the dashboard is appearing differently - the Queries and Client Activity graphs are displaying bar charts of 10 min chunks, rather than line graphs. I've looked to see why this might be, but can't see anything in Settings which might have caused this. Any ideas folks?

The times they are a-changin. :wink:

Pi-hole v5.0 is here! !
Perhaps you were still happily using Pi-hole 4?

1 Like

I don't think that this is the case, as the other installs have been within the past week or two...however, I'll have a read through the v5.0 docs.

In that case: Sorry, I may have misread you
A screenshot detailing what you refer to by bar via line charts may prove helpful.

Make sure to clear the browser cache and reload the page. Stale javascript can cause this problem. V5.0 uses the bar charts exclusively. An upcoming release will have the option to revert to the curved graphs, but that is not on the streets.

1 Like

This is what I'm seeing on the new install...

This is (similar to) what I was previously seeing...

That's definitely Pi-hole 5 (top) vs. Pi-hole 4 (down).

1 Like

The "chunkiness" of the new install is due to the fact that the Pi-hole has only been running for a few hours at most. The bars scale in width. After you have the full 24 hours of data on the graph, the bars will look like this:

1 Like

That's very odd then! I'm sure the previous installs (v5.0, all updated) were showing the previous style graphs, even on the first day.

I appreciate early days, so will keep checking as time goes on!

This is very likely due to the stale Javascript issue. Many users reported this behavior, and clearing the cache fixes it.

In Chrome, is the best way to achieve this the 'Hard refresh and reload' option? (i.e. right-clicking on the refresh button whilst Developer Tools is open)

With a Chromium based Vivaldi, it was enough for me to hit F5 to force a reload.

You've marked my initial statement as solution, but from your description, I think that credit should go to jfb.

Likely, you already did install/upgrade an existing machine to Pi-hole 5, but your browser kept using what layout was cached for your already known host/IP.
It was only when you introduced a second machine, potentially with a different hostname/IP yet unkown to your browser convincing it to actually request the new layout of Pi-hole's webserver for the first time.

1 Like

Just to add: v5.1 will bring the ability to change between line and bar graphs.

1 Like

Noted in a previous reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.