Custom DNS mostly not working

The issue I am facing:
Most the time any custom domain I add to Local DNS just fails. It doesn't even show up in the logs, like it isn't being queried.

SOMETIMES one or two of the domains start working, but the majority of the time absolutely nothing happens and I get the "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" error.

Also, it doesn't override existing domains, if I try redirecting Google or my own site, it will never choose local DNS over CloudFlare's.
Details about my system:
Pi-Hole OS: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
I made the allowed connections "Permit all connections" so I could connect my router to it, other than that I don't know what to change.

Likely because it is not being queried. The requesting client may be using a DNS server other than Pi-hole.

You won't be able to redirect Google to your own site unless you have set up your own TLS cert and are doing man-in-the-middle intercepts.

This is what prevents somebody from creating a "my shady bank" website and redirecting legitimate bank traffic to that website.

Please generate a debug log, upload it when prompted and post the token URL here.

I don't care about redirecting genuine sites as much as I'm upset my own sites won't work, my computer gets DNS automatically, the router is set to Pi-Hole, the Xbox specifically been set to Pi and has the same issue.

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/dHJd8SkR/

Your debug log shows your Pi-hole to be active on a public IP address and to receive traffic from public networks.

The Pi-hole team strongly discourages Pi-hole’s usage as an open resolver, and we won't provide support in that case.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.