Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!
I installed the 4.3.3 update with ‘pihole -up’. The update said that it worked. Expected behaviour was that everything would continue to work as it had prior to the update
All throughput graphs dropped to zero. The update was done remotely. When I got home, my wireless devices weren’t being given a valid ip address through DHCP. Restarted the router and my pihole to no effect. Updated to 4.3.5 also with no difference. Disabled the pihole DHCP server and went back to the router. All clients now connected, but no (new) internet access. Set router DNS server to point to ISP and got full access again. Pointing router again to pihole prevented internet/DNS resolution.
Raspberry Pi 4, 4GB running pihole + unbound and also PiVPN.
I have just now tried to connect to my Pi4 over VPN and to browse to a website. This has worked and I also get ad blocking. So it seems like this part is relevant.
A similar issue was raised on Reddit yesterday and I contributed to the thread there. I was advised to post here by u/-PromoFaux-
Fixed, see my last post. I think reconfiguring PiHole, but leaving the interface set to eth0 was the key to it all. Thanks jfb!
Update for clarity. I had a setting that was wrong in my /etc/dnsmasq.d directory. If all interfaces was selected, that setting was forcing the PiHole to only listen on the VPN tun0 interface. Thanks to the developers’ persistence in not letting the matter rest half finished, I’m now back fully and correctly working.