_[After configuring Pi-hole I wanted to go to my Admin portal by typing in the URL (Puffin broswer) http://IP adress/admin. Also the pi-hole admin URL didn't work.
This page isn't working
What I Checked:
- Firewall didn't disable anything
- I could ping to any public server
- I could ping to my own IP adress
- Proxy servers settings are clear
~ $ pihole -r
gives error: Unable to update package cache. Please try sudo apt update. This leads to the same error
Connect to my IP adress and use my pihole admin portal
When you connect to IP addresses, Pi-hole is not involved.
Your debug log shows your Pi-hole to be fully operational, with full IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity:
*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] www.dva5l7kg7n1i8.cloudfront.net is 0.0.0.0 on lo (127.0.0.1)
[✓] www.dva5l7kg7n1i8.cloudfront.net is 0.0.0.0 on wlan0 (192.168.2.32)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 126.96.36.199 via a remote, public DNS server (188.8.131.52)
*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv6) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] www.olx.9548488.xyz is :: on lo (::1)
[✓] www.olx.9548488.xyz is :: on wlan0 (2a<redacted>8f)
[✓] www.olx.9548488.xyz is :: on wlan0 (fe80::<redacted>5a)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 2a00:1450:400e:811::200e via a remote, public DNS server (2001:4860:4860::8888)
However, none of your clients has been using Pi-hole for DNS yet:
*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: contents of /var/log/pihole
-rw-r--r-- 1 pihole pihole 61K Jul 11 19:17 /var/log/pihole/FTL.log
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.707 528M] Imported 0 queries from the long-term database
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Total DNS queries: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Cached DNS queries: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Forwarded DNS queries: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Blocked DNS queries: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Unknown DNS queries: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Unique domains: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Unique clients: 0
[2023-07-11 19:17:08.708 528M] -> Known forward destinations: 0
Your debug log also shows that your router is distributing its own IP address as DNS server:
*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Discovering active DHCP servers (takes 10 seconds)
Scanning all your interfaces for DHCP servers
* Received 324 bytes from wlan0:192.168.2.254
Offered IP address: 192.168.2.34
Message type: DHCPOFFER (2)
--- end of options ---
You should have a read of Pi-hole's Post Install documentation.
Once you've configured your router and/or your clients accordingly, please share the results of the following commands on that client that runs the Puffin browser:
Thanks for the reply. But I am stuck at the following:
- I follow the Post install documentation
- Click next link configure your router to have DHCP clients use Pi-hole as their DNS server.
- Then method 1 Setup says: Log into your router's configuration page and find the DHCP/DNS settings ..
- I Try to reach routers configuration page by calling my routers IP adress via terminal ($ ip route | grep default) in my pi but and use it as input for the browser it gives the error again: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
- I try to change static domain_name_server in the etc/dhcpcd.conf file to the IP address of the device running Pi-hole. 192.168.1.23/24, but it makes no difference. and browser gives still same error.
_Also I have a raspberry pi 3A so no ethernet cable. The note at the previous mentioned setup link: Note: make sure you adjust this setting under your LAN settings and not the WAN. does not work for me right?
I am new to this and this is my first Pi project, so I am sorry for probably misunderstanding a lot.
Thanks in advance
I solved it. I used these instructions to set static IP adress How Do I Set a Static IP Address on Raspberry Pi?.
Thanks for the help
This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.