Conditional forwarding

Hi, I have more or less a question about the conditional forwardings. In the past all clients where in 1 subnet. But for security reasons it is seperated now. I would like to know how I can add the second subnet into the conditional forwarding. Or can i use 0.0.0.0 aswell to allow all subnets?
Thanls for the answer. Kind regards

What is your first and what your second subnet?

E.g.

You would then enter:

192.168.0.0/23

For Pi-hole v5, you should be able to handle this by creating a custom configuration, e.g. /etc/dnsmasq.d/42-my-vlan-forwarding.conf:

rev-server=<vlan-range/CIDR>,<server.ip>
server=/<vlan.domain>/<server.ip>

where you'd substitute <vlan-range/CIDR>, <vlan.domain> and <server.ip> as required.

Afterwards, check for syntax errors:

pihole-FTL dnsmasq-test

If that returns OK:

pihole restartdns

Also, note that the upcoming Pi-hole v6 would allow you to enter those lines via its Conditional Forwarding UI, not requiring custom files anymore.

My first subnet is 192.168.0.0/23
Secondary 172.16.10.0/24

And I added a extra conf file with everything in it but I do not see it adding in the gui. Is this normal? Cause I thought with an update you
Can see secondary and such aswell in te gui. But on my site it is only one I see

Oh I see the gui thing is not already published then? Or is there a difference. Between the docker and the os installation?

There is no difference between Docker and bare metal, but there is quite a difference between v5 and the upcoming v6, which has yet to be released.

v5 only has dedicated input fields for exactly one Conditional Forwarding target, and additional ones can be supplied in the way I've described above.

v6 will allow you to enter a number of lines as required.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.