Commonly Whitelisted Domains

"Domains used by Plex" can not be copy/pasted due to the use of the hypen in the section. Changing it to a hash (#) would allow it to be copy/pasted while maintaining the context.

The post is a wiki so you should be able to edit it. Are you unable to edit the post?

I couldn't yesterday as I was too new, I can now and will. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm new so I can't edit but these are required for sales/technical support chat for Optus (Australian Internet Provider) lptag.messaging.optus.com.au lp-01.messaging.optus.com.au lpcdn.messaging.optus.com.au

1 Like

Microsoft store needs storeedgefd.dsx.mp.microsoft.com to open up

A post was split to a new topic: Whitelist is not allowing site

You need to whitelist edge.activity.windows.com to sync microsoft edge with other devices.

Origin needs to load savegames in the cloud

cloudsync-prod.s3.amazonaws.com

MSNBC video player

pihole -w snappytvpoc-vh.akamaihd.net

Added tagger.opecloud.com towards Whitelist entries for Bild.de, as of discovered by this thread and confirmed by me.

Facebook & Facebook Messenger

For Facebook & Facebook Messenger users, the whitelisted domains from the original post did not allow any chat history on Messenger or Facebook websites to load. These are the domains that I whitelisted to access Facebook Messenger's chat history and Facebook's website:

Facebook's website:

pihole -w www.facebook.com

Facebook Messenger:

pihole -w scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net static.xx.fbcdn.net edge-chat.messenger.com video.xx.fbcdn.net

Facebook Messenger (Same as above but only if you want to see the domains individually per input):

pihole -w scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net
pihole -w static.xx.fbcdn.net
pihole -w edge-chat.messenger.com
pihole -w video.xx.fbcdn.net

Note for the above domains
I use Microsoft Edge as my browser so that's why (at least I think) I whitelisted edge-chat.messenger.com to get it working.

Please feel free to correct me if I did something wrong. New account, and newbie to pihole :slight_smile: I also edited the main wiki post with the same domain under the Facebook section.

To allow searching and downloading Updates for Microsoft Edge Browser this domain is required:

msedge.api.cdp.microsoft.com

Thank you!

I have some problems to see the Microsoft Store Page.

Only with this Whitelisted Pages I can reach the Microsoft Store:

dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com
geo-prod.do.dsp.mp.microsoft.com
displaycatalog.mp.microsoft.com
client.wns.windows.com
storeedgefd.dsx.mp.microsoft.com
tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com

The whitelist command should be revised. thanks

Google Account Settings (Security, etc) access from Android Device

android.googleapis.com

I had to whitelist this to get access to my Google account settings via smartphone (OnePlus 8T)

yahoo.com's thumbnails break if these are blocked.

pihole -w s.yimg.com s1.yimg.com
or you can use regex below to whitelist both at once
pihole -w ^s1?\.yimg[\.a-z]+$

Minecraft Realms Plus (paid service) - uploads were being blocked.
Whitelist the following domains to allow saved worlds to be uploaded to the Minecraft/MS servers:

fp.msedge.net
minecraftprod.rtep.msgamestudios.com

Pihole was blocking Upgrade to Windows 11 so i disabled it and i get the updates, i dont know which link to whitelist, i just give information about that.

When using Chrome browser on a mobile device if you visit a Reddit post it will ask you if you want to open the post in the official Reddit app. You have to unblock this domain or it won't load the specific post, just the app itself.

pihole -w api2.branch.io

To be specific, the domain to be whitelisted is:

api2.branch.io