Client DNS Passthrough

So I've been enjoying the benefits of Pi-hole however other users on my network, not so much. Certain apps don't function as they should and she (client) likes some of the things that are displayed or redirected to... Either way, could there be a way to setup client permissions or disable functionality by passing dns requests straight through for specific client-IPs. Currently my router is redirecting DNS queries directly through Pihole. I have set each of those clients connection setting set to use google's dns directly however a passthrough option for a list of client-IP's would be very helpful, a little less stressful, and quiter because she likes the ads in facebook, pinterest... ect.

It is best to either set the device's DNS manually or use some DHCP options on your DHCP server to give certain clients certain DNS servers.

I can't really set static options on her cell phone or laptop and have her connect to any other network. It is redundant to manually set all their options on each device every time anyone connects to my network and reset them back when they leave and use the same interface to connect to a different network. Nor do I want to disable the software when someone complains that a facebook quiz no longer works or google sponsered links no longer redirect.
I'll manually set the dnsmasq settings, the dhcp server and setup a forward / sieve group of clients. Just an idea...

You can set the static DNS for specific connections on a phone or laptop pretty easily, and you only have to do it once. Both approaches would be about the same amount of work, depending on how configurable your DHCP server is.

Would be neat if there was an API function, that when called would enable/disable/toggle dns blocking on the calling client : Similarly one of my client devices (she) likes to browse shopping, so wants ads on! With an API + a bookmark link on homescreen, could enable disable feature at a click ?

There is no way to give different results to different clients (unless you are using Pi-hole for DHCP and do a little hack by tagging clients, but this just changes that client's DNS server and the change will take a few hours to propagate).

The only way I know of is with the dhcp-host option but it would need to be a custom config.

Implemented in v5.0 with Group Management.