Chinese information gathering domains blacklist

Could anybody suggest a blacklist that groups domains used for Chinese information gathering?

I've been reading about what Tencent has been doing and.. yeah. I'd be nice to have them blocked before I need it.

A simple start is to regex block the entire China TLD. This may or may not be the TLD from which they are running things.

\.(cn)$

lol I had read somebody suggest that when I was searching for a blacklist :stuck_out_tongue:

It's rly useless. There may be cn ccTLD domains that are safe to use, and there are many many other TLDs they are using. Riot and Epic are owned by Tencent and doing some very nasty things that turn Google and Facebook into kids play.

I'm looking for some good soul that would keep updated a blacklist that has these companies too.

Perhaps you can be that person.

2 Likes

Yeah, that possibility isn't excluded. But before starting to research which domains they are using and build a blacklist, I came ask if somebody knows any and DDG just haven't found.

I had tried searching some more times and still haven't found anything.

It's odd that there are blacklists for social media, even 1 blacklist for each social media portal, and nobody seem to care about Tencent using games from Riot, Epic and other companies to gather invasive info from ppl on all over the world and give it to chinese government.

I have no idea how ppl do to find out domains that are being used by adservices, trackers and spywares. Is there some tutorial to get started?

I guess the best approach would be create a project on some Redmine + Subversion service, or use infamous github, so that anybody can create a task to report when they find a new domain to be added.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.