Changing the internal Static IP

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Pi-Hole to block ads while connected

Actual Behaviour:

Not blocking all ads

Debug Token:

qn8dzptgnh

I am unsure where to change the system IP to the new IP.

36%20PM

I'm thinking it's an easy change, but I'm just not sure where to make it

Pi-hole does not manage your system's IP address, it just remembers it so it can display it on the dashboard and use it when blocking domains in an IP-based blocking mode.

That being said, you may have some luck with pihole -r.

Ensure you have a static or reserved IP established, either in your Pi configuration or by reserving the IP from the router. Note that IP and the interface, then run pihole -r and select "reconfigure". Then choose the IP and interface that you reserved.

From your debug log, the IPv4 address bound to the eth0 interface is:

192.168.13.4/24 does not match the IP found in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf

and your Pi-Hole is configured to listen on:

IPV4_ADDRESS=192.168.0.4/24

Thanks! I'll run the reconfigure and go from there.

OK, I ran the reconfigure and when I look at my pihole log file, nothing is going through. Could this be due to the fresh install of my piVPN? I believe that there is something that I need to change, but I can't find documentation on it.

Please generate a new debug log, upload it and post the new token.

Here you go!

j6wi54jhel

Cheers!

Ok, I know that I'm missing something simple that I need to change in order to point the VPN to the pi-hole, but I'm not seeing where I need to change this.

That appears to have fixed the problem - Pi-Hole is now correctly blocking queries.

What guide are you using to setup a VPN to route traffic back to Pi-Hole?

I had just reinstalled piVPN and I didn't follow any other guide. I think there's something that I have to change again, but I can't recall what it is.

Take a look at the setup in this guide.

https://docs.pi-hole.net/guides/vpn/overview/

Thanks again! I knew it was something simple and I just didn't see it! I appreciate all the help again!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.