Changes to Query Log

Hey everyone. I have some changes that I believe would improve the query log.

1. Using the blacklist button should show that the list was updated differently. Currently, every entry is shifted down for the notification at the top of the list. When you're scrolled down, all this does is inconvenience you. I do not see the message, all entries are shifted down, and I have to wait for the message to disappear to find my place and continue down the list. The notification should display directly under the entry you're blacklisting, or anchor it to the mouse.

2. Sorting by Status is broken. When Descending, "Pi-Holed" entries are at the top. When Ascending, "Pi-Holed (blacklist)" entries are at the top. I don't have a suggestion for what order they should be in, but "Pi-Holed" and "Pi-Holed (blacklist)" are not opposites.

3. Ability to save search parameters. This isn't nearly as necessary, but I thought it could help. I want to make a habit out of searching the query logs for "ad" every couple of days, showing all entries from the entire log (not just 24 hours), sorting by non-Pi-Holed entries.

4. The status column isn't wide enough. This is the only column that causes the entries to be 2 lines tall. If it were wide enough to contain "OK (forwarded)" or "Pi-Holed (blacklist)", all entries could be contained on a single line and keep the log cleaner.

I care much more about suggestions 1 and 2 than 3 and 4, but I thought they were worth including. Let me know what you guys think.

edit: 5. Ability to hide duplicate domain entries.

Thanks for all your hard work,
-Wutnaut

On #2, the table library we use sorts based on the internal representation, which in the case of the Status column is actually a number. The number for Pi-holed and Pi-holed (blacklist) are not next to each other, causing them to not appear next to each other when sorting.
We will keep these feature requests in mind while we continue to develop the web interface. :slight_smile: