Changed countries, timezone is still my last location

I recently relocated and I just noticed my dashboard > query log still shows everything based on the last set timezone. No it's not taking my browser time/location I read there are some browsers that take your current location but I wanted to know how I could change my timezone without having to reconfigure the pihole from scratch. I know there is a script to add to the web interface but wanted to know if there is a way to SSH into the box and try to change timezones? Does the pihole reconfigure command reset all my configs which is something I don't want to do cause the rest of my setup is working fine.

Currently running:
Current Pi-hole version is v5.14.2
Current AdminLTE version is v5.17
Current FTL version is v5.19.2
Device model : RPi 4 Model B (armv7l)

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
Nothing other than some updates and fixing some crons.

You need to change it on the Raspberry Pi (via SSH).

This is not a Pi-hole setting. This is a operating system setting.

Connect to your Raspberry Pi via SSH and use:

sudo timedatectl set-timezone "<your-timezone>"

Replace "<your-timezone>" with the desired timezone. Example: "America/Los_Angeles" .

And in case you are running Raspberry Pi OS, you could alternatively run

sudo raspi-config

and pick your region from a list at Localisation options | Timezone.

Thanks @rdwebdesign @Bucking_Horn for reverting. I'm currently running DietPi v8.8.1 as my OS.

sudo timedatectl set-timezone "" didn't work I got this error - Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory But thanks for trying @rdwebdesign

But I got it changed with sudo raspi-config, thats the menu I was looking for and now my query log looks fine too.. thank you @Bucking_Horn for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.