Change or Update Client Names under Group Management Clients Tab

Is there any way to update the client names under the Group management tab most of my devices show currently but a few don't show any names or they show incorrect names. Even if the Comment field is filled out or different than the client name showing it does not update.

I use PiHole as a DCHP server and all of those names are correct.

I've tried editing the visible text field for any of the ones that are blank than running the command

"restartdns reload-lists"

This comment field does not change client name in other locations.

That makes sense but under both Local DNS records and DHCP Reservation area, all show names for all devices and some of those names do not show in that area and some are incorrect.

The comment field is not used in any case for hostname resulotion/replacement and purely used for "comments"

I don't know why it is not updating, but in the next version of pihole there will be major update to the way how clients are identified and "named". I would ask you to report again if this issue persists after the next update (don't know for when it is scheduled).

1 Like

Fair enough! thank you

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.