Can't upload debug log

I am having an issue and have generated a debug log BUT as the issue I am having has to do with the pi connecting to the internet I can't do the automated debug_log submittal, can I upload it manually somehow?

Copy the debug log from /var/log/pihole/pihole_debug.log on the Pi-hole to a USB stick, and take it to a Linux or Mac machine that does have internet access. Then open a terminal in the USB stick directory and enter:

curl --upload-file pihole_debug.log https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/upload; echo

It will give you a token URL which you should copy and then paste into your post on this forum. Start a new topic for the problem that you are having.

Don't forget to delete the debug log from the USB stick when you're finished.

1 Like

Hiya,
First off; Greatly appreciate the crazy fast response man. Secondly, somehow with enough fiddling around I got it to work again. Luckily, I have been in IT for like 7 years and I don't give up on stuff like this easy and with enough poking with sticks I got it back up and running. I really appreciate the response which, again, was crazy fast so thank you. I am all set (for now) I'll be sure to come back when I break it again haha.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.