Can't resolve any DNS requests

Expected Behaviour:

Pi hole should be able to successfully resolve DNS requests

Actual Behaviour:

Pi hole cannot resolve any DNS requests.

I couldn't post my log to the tricorder because it obviously couldn't resolve the DNS during the failing configuration, so I have uploaded it to Pihole debug - Pastebin.com

Everything looks okay except the DNS resolving. This Pi hole used to work, but then I moved (new router, new ISP) and I also updated Pi hole. Somewhere along the way, it stopped working. I have set my router to use Pi hole as my DNS and DHCP server. I can see requests hitting Pihole in the web interface, but I can't actually reach any of the sites (sometimes I can get through to google.com, but can't access any of the results).

Pings to google.com fail, but pings to 8.8.8.8 succeed. I can't dig google.com at all, whether it's @127.0.0.1 or @8.8.8.8

Any help would be appreciated.

If you cant dig google.com @8.8.8.8, which doesnt involve Pi-hole, it sounds like your router is blocking DNS queries.
You mention the router has changed.
Check for below or similar security setting on the new router:

EDIT: try do a DNS query on the Pi-hole system that Pi-hole knows about and doesnt need to be forwarded to an upstream DNS server like Google's 8.8.8.8.
Eg.

dig pi.hole @127.0.0.1

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.