Can't get group blocking to work

Not sure what you mean, I do see the expected output (IP-to-MAC relation) there:

Fingers crossed for later!

It works now! I rebuilt my doomscrolling group, moved a few domains to it for testing, and have verified that requests from a device in that group are filtered but requests from a different device are not.

No idea how that database got messed up in the first place. If this happens again, are there any diags you want me to capture other than the standard pihole -d?

Database corruptions are virtually* always caused by I/O errors, typically due to

• a disk/SD card coming closer to its end-of-life, or
  • an inappropriate power supply causing some write operations to fail half-way

The SQLite3 database has strong self-healing mechanisms but they are of course limited.

*) Sometimes they are also caused by direct user interaction with the database.

sqlite3 /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db "PRAGMA integrity_check"

This will do an in-depth analysis of the database. The warnings aren't often very helpful as they are very technical and only concerned about the database engine itself.

We are considering running an automated database checking once every night, e.g., on Sunday morning after the weekly pihole -g run.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.