Can’t watch videos on gamespot.com

Expected Behavior:

I used to be able to watch videos on gamespot.com. Videos should be displaying

Actual Behaviour:

Videos on gamespot.com are on infinite loading screen. I have used whitelist assistant on google chrome, and I can’t find the right address to whitelist to get videos to play on gamespot.

Already checked the Pi-hole query log for blocked (red) domains?

Hello,

Yes I did, and that wouldn’t work. I tried using the tips in that article @jfb referenced. I haven’t used the pihole -t command yet, but everything else on that list I did try the other stuff though, and still nothing! Using WhiteList assistant in Chrome I literally whitelisted everything one by one, and still couldn’t get it to work.

I added a bunch of block lists from
https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/update-the-best-blocking-lists-for-the-pi-hole-alternative-dns-servers-2019/13620
Specifically the hblock ones and the block list below the hblock one, and that’s when things broke on that site.

In this case, I would remove those blocklists. They are blocking some element needed to watch the videos.

Guys, I found it! GameSpot videos rely on this production-cmp.isgprivacy.cbsi.com

Also it would appear that my ad block Ghostery was breaking websites. I have been using Ghostery for over 3 years and just didn’t realize how aggressive it was. Switched to AdGuard and everything works.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.