The issue I am facing:
My router doesn't let me chose a DNS server, so I've chosen the DHCP server solution. I've disabled DHCP on my router and set to static IPs for my raspberry (192.168.1.14) and my TV box (192.168.1.2). My router is on 192.168.1.1.
Everything works well at start but after a few hours (~10h I'd say), all my devices are disconnected from the network, I can't ping the raspberry anymore. The fix I found is to re-enable/disable my router DHCP server and the issue is solved for the next 10h, then it happens again.
Details about my system:
- Raspberry 3
- Current Pi-hole version is v5.0.
- Current AdminLTE version is v5.0.
- Current FTL version is v5.0.
- Router is a French Livebox 4
What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
- Added a 99-pihole-decodeurTV.conf file into /etc/dnsmasq.d/
With this inside:
dhcp-option=tag:decodeur,option:router,192.168.1.1 dhcp-option=tag:decodeur,option:domain-name,home dhcp-option=tag:decodeur,option:dns-server,18.104.22.168,22.214.171.124 dhcp-option=tag:decodeur,125,XXXXXXXXXX dhcp-host=XXXXXXXXXX,set:decodeur,192.168.1.2,OrangeTV
- Enabled PiHole DHCP server on range 192.168.1.16-192.168.1.251
- Changed lease time to 168 hours
pihole -d -> https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/i0achsrpdm
Thank you again for this great tool,