Blocking Tor Browser

Hi all,
I've been trying to find a way to block the Tor Browser and have got a list of IP addresses that Tor uses. What I don't know how to do is to convert that list of IP addresses into a Blocklist. I tried using the Tor browser a few times and every time I tried, it's IP address was in my list. Can someone tell me:-

1. How to create a Blocklist from a list of IP addresses
  2. If there is a better way to achieve this
    Many thanks

Pi-hole does its job by suppressing answers for DNS resolution requests.
Anything that does not involve DNS is out off Pi-hole's scope.

You seek to block an application's network access by means of blocking its target IP addresses. This might (partially) be achieved by a firewall, though I am certain you won't outsmart Tor by blocking just a few IPs.
Pi-hole is certainly not suited to harm Tor's operation.

One way is to not install the browser. If you are concerned about it being installed on computers used by children, don't give them administrator access to install it.

Once the IP's are known, there is nothing to block with Pi-Hole. If a client has the IP in hand, they won't go to Pi-Hole to get it. Pi-Hole works with domain names, which it then either blocks or returns as the matching IP.

1 Like

Thank you !

jfb - Thanks . The issue I have is more with i devices which share my Appstore. Tor is easy to download onto these devices. I will go to the Apple Store to see if there is anything I can do about it.

Cheers :slight_smile: