Bell Home Hub 3000 Setup Problems

did you manage to get it working, i am having the same problem as you. i did everything when i do the ipconfig release and renew the internet doesn't work...

Hi @V_P , unfortunately not.

only other way around this is using another router which worked for me... but now i have HH4k and it is nice router which i don't want to switch out off

@odogg got it working. And he mentioned that he did not do anything special to get it working.

humm...idk..did you try adding router in the upstream DNS in pi hole...some people got it working like that...only thing i notice which is different is that he is using raspberry pi zero and wifi.. i am using raspberry Pi 3 B+ wired connection ... my understanding is that DHCP is not setup correctly.. on pi hole

i think i got it working...
this is what you do
reset the bell modem to default

• keep bell dns as default
    -disable DHCP on bell
    -enable DHCP on PiHole
    under DNS
    select google/cloudflare as upstream
    save the changes and flush and release and renew ipconfig.

it is working for me now... not sure if it is permanent

Congrats @V_P . I tried the steps you mentioned, but was unsuccessful. I still get the error mentioned in the original post.

I have been usign Pi-Hole at home for over 3 years on a HH3k with none of these issues. My ex-roomie, who recently moved to a different city and also got a HH3k, asked for my help setting it up for him and I ran into this problem. I stayed there for 10 days, reset the Pi and reinstalled Pi-Hole some 5 times, and always got the same result.

One interesting aspect is that if I run the ARP command, it just says (incomplete) in the line with the IP address of the router. I tried to manually set the ARP entry but it did not help. In my last attempt, just one hour before I got into the car for the 6-hour drive, it failed again, I reset the OS back to rpios lite 64 bits, and the ARP blocklisting was still in effect.

This smells kinda fishy to me.

Next time I'm there I'll try reducing the lease, wait for the longer leases to expire, and swap the DHCP server overnight.

Necro-bumping this because I had the same problem as robikul and figured out what the problem was. Hopefully my issue was general enough that it applies to other people.

Same as that user, I have a Bell Home Hub 3000, and just as them changing the DNS server alone was insufficient, requiring disabling DHCP on the router and enabling it likewise in the Pi Hole software.
Similar to them, the device running Pi-hole (in my case a raspberry pi 4) then would fail to connect to the internet and get repeatedly disconnected from the network.

Despite setting up my raspberry pi to have a static IP on my local network through the Bell Home 3000 router, the missing step was to then in the DHCP settings in Pi-hole to likewise define an entry for the raspberry pi itself, entering the same IP and mac address and hostname. Once this was complete, restarting the Pi-hole and the router, everything worked like a charm.