Automated conditional forwarding for Fritz!Box

I would like to see an automated conditional forwarding for Fritz!Box.

If it is recognised during the installation that the current DHCP server is a Fritz.box, a setting could be made to automatically set the IP address here.

I think this function would be useful for most German users.

I think this is out of scope.

Why only for Fritz!Box? Why no other routers? Why not enable CF by default in any case?

We have a special section for them also in German:
https://docs.pi-hole.net/routers/fritzbox-de/#hostnamen-in-pi-hole-statt-ip-addressen-conditional-forwarding

2 Likes

I dont know, how many routers could be detected per default. But generally it would be great if it is automatically.

We can detect any DHCP server on the network that answers DHCPDISCOVER.

I don't use "Conditional Forwarding" at all (even if I could with my non-fritzbox here in southwest-germany :wink: ) because I don't like the device names that my family gives them (pupsikakkasschlaufon, iphone, iphone, dings, bumms, …) so I rely on my own "IP address management" and use only "static" IPs for known devices (MAC1=IP1, MAC2=IP2, …) and each IP gets an entry in my Pi-hole (Local DNS Records) with a name of MY choice (name-iphone, name-laptop, name-tablet, othername-iphone, etc.)! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.