Anti detectadblock?

How can it be countered something like this?
This is so stupid - if me, as end-user, decide to block the ads, why they think that FORCING me to turn ads on will lead me to BUY the stuff that I know it was FORCED on me?

https://www.detectadblock.com/

Blockquote
All block lists include a reference to "ads.js" because it's a common name for JavaScript files that are associated with serving ads. Knowing this, save the following JavaScript code which creates a hidden div to a file called "ads.js" and place it in the root directory of your website.
var e=document.createElement('div');
e.id='wqAXPeCdQVkt';
e.style.display='none';
document.body.appendChild(e);
Note: the obscure div id is to ensure that it doesn't conflict with any other div's that your website might use.
View our ads.js file
Step 3 - Check if "ads.js" was loaded or blocked
Place the following JavaScript within your website's HTML source code just above the tag. It's purpose is to check if the hidden div created within "ads.js" exists (ads are allowed) or not (ads are blocked). And that's all there is to it!

Your experience, where it shows that you are blocking ads, is due to your browser plugin that you use for (additional) ad-blocking.

It has nothing to do with Pi-hole because Pi-hole is ONLY the DNS resolver, and Pi-hole does not act as a Proxy for filtering content.

I'm of the same mindset, if you have a website that asks me to turn off my ad-blocker and doesn't give a good reason, I'm probably not going to visit it again. But there are other options, GitHub - reek/anti-adblock-killer: Anti-Adblock Killer helps you keep your Ad-Blocker active, when you visit a website and it asks you to disable. is a great project to take a look at.

1 Like

One exanple of the sites that doesn't get fooled by pi-hole is HGTV.com
They let you browse still, and it's not a site that I Have to visit often, just an example.

That popup is brought up by https://assets.sni-dat.com/raven/raven.js

What you can do it blacklist assets.sni-dat.com and that will take care of it.

It seems that the same JS is used all over the "food network" websites.

2 Likes