Allow copying of highlighted text

No idea why, but Pi-hole won't allow us to highlight text, for example, on http://pi.hole/admin/queries.php when trying to highlight a domain, so that we can right-click it and choose "search for ..." to look up potential web info on the domain in order to decide whether we may want to white/black list it.

This may be browser specific. I am able to highlight and copy text there and then paste it to Google for a search. Safari MacOS Mojave. This requires a drag and hold and the keyboard command for copy.

An alternate method is to click on the domain of interest and this will filter the output. The domain name is shown in the filter window. From there, you can highlight, etc.

Thanks, mine behaves the same way in Chrome on Win 10; I have to hold the highlight and then use the keyboard. Even then, it'll automatically 'click' into the item as if I clicked it to view it. Seems like strange behavior.

The text is an active link, and the browser assumes that you want to activate the link.

That’s the way browsers work. The text is an active link, and the browser assumes that you want to activate the link.

highlight the link in my original post. Or do a google search and highlight any link in the results.

Isn't there a checkbox on the tables bottom to disable on-click-filtering?

1 Like

I took another look at this behavior on my desktop Mac with Safari, and I'm able to highlight a query and right click pulls up the search option. It appears that the ability to do this is browser dependent and not limited by the Pi-Hole code.

Mouseover:

Right click without selecting the entire text line:

Aha! That's what it was. I suppose "banner blindness" (even though that's not a banner, lol) was my problem here. ty