Allow bypassing static IPv4 address screen in installer

Background:

I already got one Pi-hole node deployed on my RPi that's serving double-duty as a GPS-based NTP server (Raspbian). That went generally without a hitch, and I decided to deploy Pi-hole on a VM on my network for redundancy's sake. The VM in question is CentOS 7.5.1804 (core) on ESXi, and also serves as the network DHCP and authoritative DNS.

First off, I know I'm an outlier in this situation. The majority of your users are likely not installing on infrastructure that's already tightly integrated into a network. I'm also not sure if this counts as a bug or a feature [request]. (haha programmer jokes ok I'm done)

When I tried to install Pi-hole on this server, I got:

[i] Using interface: ens160.2
  [i] Using   [i] Your static IPv4 address: 10.0.1.1/27
  [i] Your static IPv4 gateway: 10.0.1.30
  [i] Warning: Unable to locate configuration file to set static IPv4 address

From perusing the install script, this appears to happen because it attempts to find a file named ifcfg-${PIHOLE_INTERFACE} where ${PIHOLE_INTERFACE} is the OS name of the NIC/VLAN. Unfortunately this file does not exist in this form on my system.

For the use of the DHCP server, the CentOS server has 5 VLANs configured. The VLANs were configured with NetworkManager, and I named them so that I wouldn't have to keep referencing the Excel Spreadsheet of IPs to decode VLAN IDs. Note here, eth_base is simply the parent NIC and has no IP information.

So, for the interface I want to use Pi-hole on (SaS), the file is actually named ifcfg-SaS not ifcfg-ens160.2.

Feature request: (sort of, because I plan on working on this):
I have a few options to solve this problem:

1. Comment out the IPv4 address configuration and ignore my problems
  2. Add a detection algorithm to handle configurations of NetworkManager where the interfaces are named
  3. Add a screen before IPv4 configuration to query the user if they wish to configure IPv4 at this time.

I'm partial to option 3. I have source routing active on the interface in question, and I'd rather not have Pi-hole messing with a config file it was not designed to deal with (I already backed the config file up so I could diff/revert it as soon as Pi-hole was installed). As a sysadmin, I'm OK with this since it allows me to configure the server NICs as I please, and it would allow manual overrides in the case of a new system Pi-hole encounters issues with.

My question is this: from a Pi-hole development perspective, where would my energy better be placed between 2 and 3? Both seem doable and have their own caveats. I took a look through github to track down related bugs for this, and I've found enough bugs on both sides of the wire I'd like a more official statement.

Part of my reading included a few bugs and discussions about making Pi-hole less reliant on dhcpcd for use on non-Raspbian systems. I think both of these fall under that effort?

We're trying to do as little specialized logic as possible, which rules out number 2. Making the IPv4 configuration optional would be better, but make sure that we still get the IP address data that the user wants to use for blocking.

That sounds good. I can work with that