After upgrade to v4.0 stopped blocking

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Expected to work as previous version

Actual Behaviour:

Not blocking ads despite of the fact that shows everything is working

Debug Token:

w998t88drv

Your debug log shows the Pi-Hole is blocking domains as shown below.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] scripts.adrcdn.com is 0.0.0.0 via localhost (127.0.0.1)
[✓] scripts.adrcdn.com is 0.0.0.0 via Pi-hole (192.168.4.4)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 216.58.202.238 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

Is the problem you are seeing limited to one client, or is the problem across multiple clients? Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

1 Like

That's what I call a quick reply!

I've disabled ipv6 on my desktop and it's now blocking. I have ipv4 and ipv6 enabled on pi-hole but it does not block ipv6.

What can be done?

Thanks

An additional comment, router is getting IPv6 from provider but LAN DHCP for IPv6 is disabled, anyway all deviced are receiving local IPv6. I think this might be causing the issue, that's why I've disabled IPv6 on desktop to test and worked on ipv4-only mode.

According to your debug log, it is blocking IPV6:

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv6) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] bs.serving-sys.com.76263.9639.302br.net is :: via localhost (::1)
[✓] bs.serving-sys.com.76263.9639.302br.net is :: via Pi-hole (2804:.....)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 2800:3f0:4004:809::200e via a remote, public DNS server (2001:4860:4860::8888)

It shows it's blocking but it does not block. I've re-enabled ipv6 and the ads are back on again.

Your router is likely providing an IPV6 DNS to clients and that bypasses Pi-Hole. If you don't need IPV6, just leave it off and you're all set.

I've disabled ipv6 on router's config. It's now working.

Cable company router sucks big time imho.

Thanks for your support. Keep up the outstanding job!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.