After latest update "no domains on blocklist"

Okay, ls -la /etc/pihole and then sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db ".tables"

:slight_smile:

sorry, did just copy-paste

Gravity is complaining that you have either no blocking lists or they are all disabled.

Please run

sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "SELECT * FROM adlist;"

If the response is empty, please provide the output of

ls /etc/pihole/migration_backup

I assume your initial gravity run (after checking out the beta) was incomplete as there should be no adlists.list in your /etc/pihole any longer (however, in your screenshot, there clearly is one).

After the first release of 5.0 beta i installed a fresh buster on the pi with pihole 4.3.2, after that the 5.0 beta, so i was sure there was no other old software involved.

Yes, the adlists are all disabled. You seem to have done this via the web GUI, there is no real other way in which this could have happened.

1. Go to http://pi.hole/admin/groups-adlists.php
  2. Enable all adlists you want to use
  3. Run pihole -g

done

, unfortunatly the same result :frowning:

Enable blocklists on the settings page

OMG, my big mistake....

i feel verry sorry @DL6ER !!

It's all there @jpgpi250

The two pages are equivalent. The latter will disappear at some point, seems there is still some PR under review as I already coded this.

Does it work now?

Well, not for 100% as far as i can see because dbl.oisd.nl has on it's own more the a million domains and they are not there, they were there before i this topic started.

Anyway the block works properly from those big list.

What is the output of pihole -g

The site dbl.oisd.nl seems to be down at the moment, but it was there before i this topic started.

Gravity update is working properly, it appears. If a list is unavailable on the web, it cannot be loaded into Pi-hole.

Yes, i understand that, but i can't check if it's in the database or not, it was there before so it should not be deleted, here are the files including file sizes, the card has plenty of space

Since Pi-hole attempted to load the list and failed, the URL of the list is in the database. The contents of the list are not, since you had disabled the list previously.

Ah, ok, why it was disabled i can't tell you, almost daily i run "pihole -up" in beta 5.0, so it was deleted from the database as wel ? If so, the number of blocked domains are ok i think.

Yes, everything seems to be fine here. Thanks for checking.

1 Like