Ads on Websites - Is Pi-hole losing Effectiveness?

Lately, I've noticed sites that never had ads appear are now showing ads. For example, on CNN website, ads never appeared. Now they are showing up. This is just one of several where I see that. Sometimes after a reboot, things return to the earlier state - no ads. But then they start to reappear again. We have all the latest updates installed and have rebooted Pi-hole, yet the condition continues. And it doesn't matter what browser used, it happens on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix I'm missing?

Are you keeping up with your add lists? Upadting etc? Its an every changing lanscape and advertisers find ways around blockers. We then find that thery changed and block said change. Pihole is not one and done. It is constant maitenance if it is to be effective. Pihole is just a tool, not the solution.

If you just loaded a ton of lists and went with it, thats your issue. But also check to make sure you have your groups and lists assigned correctly.

This is an indication that your clients may be using DNS servers other than Pi-hole.

Please generate a debug log, upload it when prompted and post the token URL here.

Pi-hole updates gravity every Sunday between 0300 and 0500 your local time.

Thanks! It's curious that even MS games (like Solitare) are showing ads now. We keep everything up to date (my wife is an IT expert and stickler for making sure we have the latest patches).

I was wondering if others are experiencing this.

Let's take a look at your setup. A debug token is a good first start.

Hi here is the path to the debug token. I didn't know how do to it until I saw an email which included the command: pihole -d. How simple is that. LOL

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/pMyTM4Kn/

We installed the latest updates before I ran it, but if you'd like me to run it again, just let me know.

Cheers