Hello.
I finally managed to install Pihle.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working properly. Everything is displayed correctly in Recent Queries.2020-05-07_13-18-59|612x500
Unfortunately, Pihole will also release ads.
I tried: restart Pihole, restart PC, ipconfig / flushdns, clear DNS cache in the browser.
I test ads on speedtest.net. Where do you test ads?
Why am I still seeing ads? Can you please advise?!
Your debug log shows that Pi-hole is receiving DNS queries and blocking per your blocklists.
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.140 10963] Imported 51106 queries from the long-term database
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.142 10963] -> Total DNS queries: 51106
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.142 10963] -> Cached DNS queries: 21178
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.142 10963] -> Forwarded DNS queries: 23123
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.142 10963] -> Exactly blocked DNS queries: 6805
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.142 10963] -> Unknown DNS queries: 0
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.143 10963] -> Unique domains: 2122
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.143 10963] -> Unique clients: 10
[2020-05-07 13:20:17.143 10963] -> Known forward destinations: 2
If you are seeing ads, it is likely that that (or those) clients have an alternate DNS server available to them.
From the client on which you see ads on speedtest.net, from the command prompt or terminal on that client (and not via ssh or Putty to the Pi), what is the output of
That client is using Pi-hole for DNS, but the browser might not be. Use these tools and see if you are seeing all the DNS traffic from that browser in Pi-hole:
I'll look into it, but now I've found an interesting thing: On a virtual PC that has never been connected to the Internet, ads aren't showing. On 5 home phones (android) and laptops and PCs (windows + firefox), the ads are still displayed, even if I manually entered the IP address of the pihole.