Adlist Readonly database after using teleporter

When I tried to disable or delete an adlist I get an error: While executing adlist_by_group statement: attempt to write a readonly database

running dietpi on a raspi 2b.
SD card became corrupt for the trillionth time so did a teleporter backup before reflashing my pi with an image. imported the teleporter backup and now can't get rid of old lists.

I also recently updated pihole via pihole -up which I have also heard did not work on dietpi a few major verisons ago, but should work now. It ctertainly completed successfully

Check the permissions on the Pi-hole config directory and the Gravity database. They should be owned by user and group pihole with the permissions shown below.

$ ls -ld /etc/pihole/
drwxrwxr-x 3 pihole pihole 12288 May 24 03:14 /etc/pihole/
$ ls -l /etc/pihole/gravity.db
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pihole pihole 250613760 May 21 03:46 /etc/pihole/gravity.db

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/10tFN254/

root@DietPi:~# ls -ld /etc/pihole/
drwxrwxr-x 3 pihole pihole 12288 May 22 02:01 /etc/pihole/

root@DietPi:~# ls -l /etc/pihole/gravity.db
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pihole pihole 126234624 May 21 03:22 /etc/pihole/gravity.db

There is nothing on your debug log indicating a readonly database, but you disabled logging and there is no FTL logs to read.

When did this happen? It is still happening or it was a temporary issue?

happened immediately after the aforementioned (flashing an image to sd card and then updating pihole)

i didn't realize i disabled logging?

it is still happening

I think my SD card install became corrupt YET again, although there was no power out.
My pi stopped responding to reboot commands so I flashed it once again (this time without updating pihole after) and I can edit the adlists fine

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.