Adlist might be blocking links on emails from Kicad forum

Hi,

Kicad Forum is exactly (or similar) to this one.
It sends emails with replies to your posts/comments.
However, the links in the email are getting blocked by PI-Hole by default.

Here is my post with more info.

Is this something expected?

If you are blocking domains that serve the content, yes.

Use these tools to determine if Pi-hole is blocking the domains that serve the links. If Pi-hole is blocking them, you can add the applicable domains to your whitelist.

I don't do any custom settings (at least I am not aware I do that in the past, the only custom thing is to allow an ad from Google otherwise it would not display any product I want to buy, online)

When I click on a link from the Kicad forum.

**Apr 6 10:44:46: query[A] post.spmailtechno.com from 192.168.76.1**

Emails from this forum do not have this issue.

I am using Gmail. By any chance, do you know, if Gmail changes the links to this post.spmailtechno.com?

How do you suggest me to fix this? Whitelisting this, so I can follow the links, or there is a better way resolve the right url so wont need to do any custom settings on pi-hole?

I just want to click the link inside an email from Kicad forum, to reply

There is a guy on the other forum saying this:

If you follow @jfb's instructions, this will tell you if Pihole is indeed blocking the linked domain. Custom configurations or not, doesn't matter. Who knows, the link may point to a domain blocked in Pihole's default block list.

That's blocked by the default suggested list in Pi-hole.

We use Discourse here and each Discourse server is self-hosted by their own administrators. Our domains are clean. It appears the mail server used by that forum is not clean.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.