Ad blocking gradually stopped working, now PH ignored

I added a plethora of terms to my blocklist to filter out every type of clickbait. It was only partially successful; I added a few more blocklists, but then all of a sudden seemingly no ads were blocked at all, even though block notifications continued to be added to the query log.

I have just reconfigured via pihole -r and now nothing is passing through my pi-hole at all (i.e. zero log entries). I have checked and my router only has one DNS server specified (my raspberry pi's current IP address). I have also tried updating gravity, power cycling my router and my Pi. I'm certain the issue lies between keyboard and chair, but I just can't figure it out.

Some more detail of my travails in this thread:

Expected Behaviour:

Entries should be written to log, and some/ all ads blocked

Actual Behaviour:

No ads blocked, and nothing logged

Debug Token:

e4m8xd459q

You have a connectivity problem on the Pi.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Networking
[✗] No IPv4 address(es) found on the eth0 interface.

[✗] No IPv6 address(es) found on the eth0 interface.

[i] Default IPv4 gateway: 192.168.99.1
   * Pinging 192.168.99.1...
[✗] Gateway did not respond. (https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/why-is-a-default-gateway-important-for-pi-hole/3546)

bah, when reconfiguring I neglected to hit space to select wlan0. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So I have now reconfigured on wlan0, I have added a couple of blocklists and updated gravity. I can see from entries being written to the log that traffic is passing through the Pi-hole, but ads are appearing everywhere.

Critically; I have added developerdan's Ads and Tracking blocklist (here), but I'm failing the adblock test that he himself provides. As well as failing tests on other sites such as Test your ad blocker (in a few simple steps) - Ads-blocker.com

Can you please run another diagnostic check? Thanks again

Please upload a new debug log and post the new token.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.