Ad blockers violate YouTube's Terms of Service

I can't watch any youtube video and show message below:
Ad blockers violate YouTube's Terms of Service

How to get this solve ? I try even temporary stop the pihole but still remain same.

May I know any one have any solution for this ?
What is the best URL filter that block most of the ads except allow youtube video ?

This is not due to Pi-hole. Pi-hole doesn't block YT ads, and won't trigger the ad-blocker warning. As evidenced by "I try even temporary stop the pihole but still remain same."

uBlock Origin has some success with YT ads, even with the anti ad-blocker check by YT.

1 Like

A friend of mine uses NewPipe on Android. I pay for Premium.

May I know where can I download ublock origin filter to apply into pi-hole that helps YT anti ad-blocker ?

uBlock Origin is a browser-based filter and unrelated to Pi-hole. Install it in your browser as an extension or add-on.

This is not a Pi-hole add-on. It is a browser extension. You find it in the extensions library for your browser.

Pi-hole doesn't do anything with YouTube. Nothing you add to or change with Pi-hole will help you for YouTube.

Which filter address should I remove from pi-hole to avoid "Ad blockers violate YouTube’s Terms of Service" from Youtube to happen ?

I'm have some doubt it is Pi-hole causing this. If you disable blocking, do you still get the warning?

In any event, whitelist these domains to allow youtube through firewalls (or blocking by Pi-hole):

googlevideo.com
ytimg.com
youtube-ui.l.google.com
ytimg.l.google.com
ytstatic.l.google.com
youtubei.googleapis.com
m.youtube.com
youtube.com
www.youtube.com

1 Like

Hi Blockedhead,
This is what I am looking for. Thank you for sharing.

Domains, not URLs. Pi-hole works at the domain level.

If i way the list provided is working.
What should be better ?

googlevideo.com
google.com
googleapis.com
youtube.com

?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.