-2 value showing for Domains on adlists

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Running as a docker container as part of a standard docker-compose.yml running on a raspberry pi zero. Not sure when it stopped working, but it was working previously.

Expected Behaviour:

[Replace this text with what you think should be happening. Please include as much detail as possible including, but not limited to: I think it should just be blocking stuff as per the default adlist.
-operating system
-hardware]

hostnamectl
Static hostname: raspberrypi
Icon name: computer
Machine ID: 30d620080dea4dcb9b3b3481131d9876
Boot ID: 3fd14e774274423b8e052fa53ba5cd12
Operating System: Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel: Linux 6.1.21+
Architecture: arm

Actual Behaviour:

Nothing appears to be getting blocked and the Domains for adlists shows -2

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/m2YLgHxf/

Try to update gravity database:

• go to Tools > Update Gravity
  • click on the big blue button
  • wait until it finishes.

After the updating completed, nothing changed, but there were two messages on the gravity page. Funny thing is I have two other piholes running in the same manner via docker/docker compose and they continue to work. I have multiple for redundancy.

gravity_update

When I exec into the container I see this:

$ docker exec -it pihole sh

pihole status

[✓] FTL is listening on port 53
[✓] UDP (IPv4)
[✓] TCP (IPv4)
[✓] UDP (IPv6)
[✓] TCP (IPv6)

[i] Pi-hole blocking will be enabled
[i] Enabling blocking
[✓] Reloading DNS lists
[✓] Pi-hole Enabled

Nothing was actually updated.

The message DNS resolution is not available means the container wasn't able to connect to the Internet. This is probably an issue on the host machine.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, I rebooted the host, pulled the newest image of pihole and it worked. While I hadn't pulled a new image for a few days, I had rebooted this host several times today and had believed I saw it was able to connect to the Internet during that time. :person_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.