Youtube only working in restricted mode

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Play youtube videos

Actual Behaviour:

Youtube is acting as if restricted mode is on. Many video thumbnails say "This video may be inappropriate", and when the thumbnail is clicked, shows a blank video screen with the words "Video unavailable This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account." Restricted mode is off, I am signed in to Youtube.

My Pihole is set up to use OpenDNS Family Shield servers. If I change the DNS settings in the router to use OpenDNS directly without going through the Pihole, the problem is resolved. If I disable the Pihole, the problem persists. Changing the Pihole downstream DNS to Google (8.8.8.8) does not resolve the problem.

Looking at the logs, I do not find any blocked requests that could explain the problem. In fact, most of the time there are not any blocked requests that are logged while working on this problem.

This problem first showed up a few weeks ago, after several months of using the Pihole without any problems. I did not make any changes to the system at the time the problems started. I have not made any special attempts to block youtube ads, and the pihole setup is pretty vanilla.

Any ideas?

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/nw5wobqll1

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.