Which domains do I need to whitelist to get Fitbit for Android app to connect?

Having a problem with the Fitbit Android app on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8+ when trying to connect to a Fitbit Versa. When connected to my home Wi-Fi - protected by Pi-hole using Cloudflare DNS upstream - I get the following:

But it works just fine when connected to the phone's (Sprint) 4G LTE connection.

This lead me to believe Pi-hole is blocking some request the app is making. Checking the logs, however, shows only google-analytics.com was blocked when the app was in use. That domain resolves to marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/. Whitelisting both of those does nothing.

The affected phone is in a Pi-hole group whose lists do not have either URL in them, so AFAIK the app should be able to connect. Could Cloudflare possibly be the issue? Any ideas?

Thanks. Are you implying that the query log functionality is insufficient with respect to showing all the queries from a particular client?

Just asking because I'm not sure what the linked method would do for me that the query log doesn't do already.

Tailing the Pi-hole log in real time and also seeing the domains requested by the client are additional tools. The query log is fine, but doesn't auto-update or shown the level of detail that the pihole log shows.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.