Web Admin improperly formatted on screen

Hello. When visiting the admin console, I am having an issue where the title logo / donate button block the view of the console. I have run the repair, but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Expected Behaviour:

The administration page used to load without issue

Actual Behaviour:

The last couple of weeks, the donate button has obscured the page.

Debug Token:

Image of admin on Safari/iPhone. Viewing it on a laptop has the same issue.

On the laptop client, clear the browser cache and restart the browser and reload the page.

Does the page show normally at that point?

Hello, no it doesn't show normally after clearing the cache. I tried on a different computer as well, and with Firefox - same results.

Run pihole -d for a debug token. If you press F12 to open the dev tools, do you see any errors in the console?

Hello,

The debug token is j73jmcorwq

I'm not able to connect a keyboard/screen to the pi at the moment, so I can't have a look at the dev tools using F12. The device is tucked away in the closet and connected to an ADSB antenna (aircraft tracking).

Do you have VNC or similar installed so you can remote into the desktop?

Ok, I've installed TightVNC and now have access to the Remote Desktop. I don't have much experience here, I'm having trouble getting the dev tools open.

You do not have to connect to the Pi's screen to open the dev tools. Simply open the web interface up on another computer and open the dev tools (F12, or on Mac, right click -> inspect element)

Thanks Mcat12,
I had a look at inspector on the admin page, it has one error listed, image link below.

Inspector Error

The visual error is caused by not being able to load that script. Go to the network tab in the dev tools (you may need to reload the page) and find the request that fails. Share the request/response data.

Hello,

The is only one thing showing as red in the network tab, "bootstrap.min.js"

Thanks

Yes, please share the request and response data you get by clicking on it.

Hi,
If I click on the tabs I get the following:

Console Tab
Network
Network JS
Debugger

If you try to load that URL, what is the output?

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, I've been out of town for work a for a few days.

If I load the address that has the error in the browser, it gives me this
Bootstrap

That looks like the expected output. Are you able to load the web interface properly on any other devices?

I did try other devices and other browsers, with the same result.
Yesterday the pi-hole admin page started displaying correctly again (I didn't do anything to it). So... it works now! Thanks for your responses and suggestions, I appreciate your time.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.