V5.4 UI Changes?

The issue I am facing:

1. WebUI no longer displays IPv6 settings under Settings > System.
  2. WebUI checks DNS servers that are inconsistent with /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf
    Details about my system:
    Upgraded to Pi-hole v5.4, Web Interace v5.6, and FTL v5.9
    What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
    Ran pihole -up

It no longer shows any network settings. These have been removed:

Where are you seeing this? A screen shot would help. You can paste the image directly into a reply.

Please upload a debug log and post just the token that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

Displaying network settings was useful, particularly for gleaning the IPv6 address. Some home router settings allow/require the IPv6 DNS info.

My bad on the WebUI. I realized this was my fault in how I bootstrap a pihole image, which includes IPv6 configs.

Thanks for your quick response.

This information is available in the debug log. Run pihole -d and the information appears near the beginning.

This information is available in the debug log. Run pihole -d and the information appears near the beginning.

Yes, for an advanced admin, CLI access can reveal a lot of info. But, for a regular user that only needs pihole running on his local network, having the network settings viewable via the WebUI is more reasonable.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.