Using dnsmasq features

I've been using dnsmasq on a Pi to provide DNS/DHCP services for my home LAN for a bit, but I like the idea of incorporating ad blocking and just the whole idea of the comprehensive package of these features that Pi-hole seems to provide. Is there any reason I can't configure the dnsmasq.conf file in the Pi-hole distro similar to my current setup and continue to provide DNS/DHCP, static IPs, hostnames, etc., or does that cause problems in the Pi-hole environment? Thanks in advance. Pi-hole looks like great work!!

We do our best to avoid making any changes to existing dnsmasq.conf configurations. We use config snippets and drop them into the .d directory with our needed changes. I don't see any problems with using dnsmasq as an authoritative DHCP/DNS server along with the Pi-hole. We add entries into a HOSTS file that is sourced and then we do change the upstream DNS server to be what is selected in the install. So if you have a custom upstream you'd like to use, select Custom during that part of the install and enter the dotted quad address for your preferred resolvers. Please let us know if you run into any issues and we'll do our best to get them resolved for you.

Hi yourpaypalfranc.

Perhaps this thread answers your question?