Use of .txt files in Teleporter backup and restore logic

I'm not facing any actual issue here, to preface.

I was going through the code for teleporter.php page, trying to understand the reasons for the logic.

It looks like there used to be a different serialisation format for Teleporter backups in a past version. The restore logic checks the filenames such as blacklist.txt, whitelist.txt, adlists.list which I can't find in a test backup I did on my pihole deployment (v5.16). These specific lookups are at AdminLTE/teleporter.php at d7f1842825e33abe098a9383672b63d6d56dfd0f · pi-hole/AdminLTE · GitHub.

I'm trying to validate if my guess is correct here. Are these files from an older design? A brief search on the Github issues didn't result anything useful, but I'm pretty sure I'm not searching with the correct phrases.

Edit: also my guess is based on the current backup logic as well. All files written are either .json or specific files such as custom.list or dhcp.leases.

Since V5 (May 2020) we no longer use these files. The information is now in an SQL database (/etc/pihole/gravity.db). We save the key parts of that database as json files.

Yes.

Thanks for confirming! Good to know I was on the right track.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.