Update to v4.0 failing curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Update should be working just fine and downloading dependencies.

Actual Behaviour:

Failing to update

[i] Checking for updates...
[i] Pi-hole Core: up to date
[i] FTL: update available

[i] FTL out of date

[i] FTL Checks...
[i] Downloading and Installing FTL...curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
[✗] Downloading and Installing FTL
Error: URL not found

Debug Token:

d54zrd9b0n

This is a know issue.

It's due to the fact that GitHub rate limits the API hits that are used for downloading the FTL binary (and right now, a lot of people are downloading/upgrading it).

What you can do is wait a little bit (a couple of minutes), and then try again.

1 Like

Sounds good thanks for the update! I'll let you know if I have any issues trying later and update the thread here.

It looks to be more of a slight bug in the code than a GitHub issue. We are investigating now.

Any updates on this?

If you are still having this problem, this thread may have a solution.

I tried that an still getting the same error. I'm going to check my block lists then report back here.

Nope, tried disabling piHole with the same issue when it goes to update.

milhouz@PiHole-1:~$ pihole -up
[i] Checking for updates...
[i] Pi-hole Core: up to date
[i] FTL: update available

[i] FTL out of date

[i] FTL Checks...
[i] Downloading and Installing FTL...curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
[✗] Downloading and Installing FTL
Error: URL not found

Follow up seems like every-time I run piHole -up it is over writing the 1.1.1.1 config.

Try resolvconf --disable-updates

Where is that config to be placed?

What config to be placed? If you run that command, it should disable /etc/resolv.conf from getting automatically overwritten.

The other day while trying to run that it was coming back saying it was an invalid command. It took now and I tried pihole -up again with the same 404 not found error.

So after much debate. I just took the plunge and built another VM last night and it is working correctly now. Phased off all the clients and I'm going to reinstall the other VM as a lower resource backup.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.